The Equality Act places all public bodies under an active duty to promote equality and requires them to set themselves at least one objective which they believe they ought to meet in order to further any of the aims of the General Equality Duty.
The University has agreed a suite of objectives reflecting Oxford’s strategic priorities in relation to recruitment, progression and equality of opportunity, as set out in the Strategic Plan. The overarching equality objectives aim to:
- diversify the University’s governance structures
- increase the proportions of women and minority ethnic staff in senior roles
- promote the visibility and inclusion of LGBT+ staff and students
- widen undergraduate access and admissions
- eliminate attainment gaps
Please see the annual Equality Report for an overview of progress towards our equality objectives and detailed diversity data on current and prospective staff and students.